How to Make Dairy Cow Breeding?
In the past, care was taken to wash and clean the cows daily. However, as businesses grow and the number of animals increases, the care of cows has become difficult. Therefore, a system has been developed in which cows can take care of themselves.
Many stables in large enterprises have large brushes that animals can scratch their backs on. These brushes work automatically and help the cows to scratch themselves. Cow breeding is a bit of a detailed task.
Dairy Cow care and cleaning are easier in small businesses. However, as businesses grow, cleaning activities also increase. Small brushes and a little water are not enough to clean the cows. Especially the dirt accumulated in the calves and legs of the cows should be cleaned and the animals should be relaxed. These areas usually contain hardened animal manure, which disturbs animals of large size.
At this point, some systems have been developed that can be used to keep the barns clean.
One of the biggest cleaning aids is rubber cow beds. Rubber material does not hold dirt and is easy to clean. Therefore, it is often preferred in barns. As Hatko Cow Mats, we are proud to offer cow beds that will bring cleanliness to your barns. Thanks to cow mats, your animals will get rid of most diseases and you will be comfortable.
You will also be very comfortable with automatic scratching brushes. Your cows will be cleaned with these brushes and they will feel more peaceful.
The most important part of body care in cows is nail care. In cows, neglected nails can lead to huge problems if they go too far. Without nail care, cows may not walk after some time. Failure to regularly maintain the nails negatively affect milk and meat yield in cows. To prevent these adverse effects, cows need nail care several times a year. It is best to have cows’ nail care done by experts. People who are not experts in nail care should not do this procedure. An operation that will harm the cows’ feet will not be pleasant.
How is the Best Cow Fattening Program?
As you know, cows have a weight to reach. It is the most important issue that the animals must be fed to reach the desired weight. Because of the breeds of fattening cows are generally animal breeds coming from abroad, their care and feeding take place differently.
First of all, an animal imported from abroad is weighed after medical examinations.
- If the animal comes from a distance, water is not given for the first 4-5 hours.
- On the day of arrival, only the straw and oats are given to the animal.
- On the second day, alfalfa can be given along with straw and oats.
- Feeding should be continued on the third day.
- A concentrated feed is given until the 10th day after three days.
- At the end of the 10th day, the passage of animals ends and the animals are weighed again and their weight is noted.
- From this point on, animals are grouped according to their race and weight.
- Those who have high weight and gain less weight should be grouped separately as the amount of feed to be consumed will be different.
- Unless mandatory, groups should not change.
- It is ideal to achieve 2 kg of body weight gain per day for 110 days after the transition period.
- The feed should be given to the animal daily and distributed until the day.
- At the end of each month, animals should be weighed separately and different feeding programs should be applied depending on the situation.
Pregnant Cow Care
After this fattening program is done, you need to understand whether the cows are pregnant. The pregnancy process of cows is very long and you need to be careful.
In this process, pregnant cows and non-pregnant cows should be positioned separately from each other and their care and feeding should be carried out separately.
With rectal examination, it can be easily understood that cows are pregnant. However, today it is understood that cows are pregnant with technological methods.
Care of the pregnant cow requires attention. Pregnant cows, whose care is very important, should be looked after in a clean and warm area. Rubber cow beds are the easiest way to clean and maintain the barns.
Thanks to the rubber cow beds, the stables are clean and your cows are protected from diseases in cold weather in winter. Rubber cow beds are flexible, durable, excellent technological products that do not wear out in time and protect the cows from diseases and cold. If you use a rubber cow bed, your cows will be very healthy, and if the calves grow in rubber cow beds, they will be more well-groomed and healthy.
Hatko Cow Mats is one of Turkey’s best rubber cow mats manufacturer. For more information, please contact us.